Sunday 6 November 2011

Nails Inc nude





As you will come to see, I am a massive nail polish fan. My nails are always painted and I have so many different colours and brands I have lost count! I usually always prefer dark or really bright colours, basically anything that really stands out. I always keep my nails really short and feel darker colours suit me best especially as I have very fair skin. So, I was really excited to see Glamour magazine are giving away a Nails Inc polish with their December issue! After checking out all the colours I realised I already had 3 out of the 4 shades. The only shade I did not own was the lightest colour called 'Basil street'. For a while I have wanted to try a slightly neutral colour, especially coming into these Autumn/Winter months.

My verdict? At first I wasn't impressed. I had to use 3 coats to get a slightly deeper/darker finish. The polish applied well, for a cream, and did not leave my nails streaky at all. On first look I wasn't convinced. I have very pale skin and it seemed to just blend into my skin colour and was not easily noticeable. However, after a few days wear, I have grown to love this colour! As it is glossy (I used my Seche Vite topcoat) the colour is more noticeable and I am enjoying having a softer look on my nails. It won't be a colour I will be wearing all the time but definitely something I will dip in and out of when I want a more subtle look.

I would definitely recommend picking up a copy of Glamour, for just £2 and trying one of these polishes. The deep, dark red shade is a must own for the upcoming party season! And, if like me, you want a more subtle shade, give 'Basil street' a try, you may be as surprised with the results as I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment