Wednesday 14 March 2012

Spring is in the air...



Spring is just around the corner, and I don't know about you, but when the sun comes out, I want a bright and fresh colour on my nails. I love my dark nail varnish colours but I just don't feel right wearing them in the Spring/Summer months. Essie have answered my polish prayers with this new 'resort' collection containing 4 perfect shades for these upcoming warmer months. The set contains two light, pastel colours and 2 more vibrant shades.

The shade I am currently wearing is 'She's picture perfect' which is an amazing light, lavender. It is shot through with a pink shimmer which is lovely when the light hits it.




The second lighter shade is 'Pink-a-boo' which is a baby pink with pink/purple iridescent glitter running through it. This is a perfect shade for those that just want a hint of colour on the nails but still want a slight sparkle. Iridescence is a big trend in clothes this Spring/Summer so this will match perfectly.


The third colour is a bright metallic pink shade called 'Sure shot'. This is the perfect colour for toes when we start braving sandals and flip flops! The metallic edge to this polish gives it an amazing shine and brightening effect when worn.


The fourth colour is a deep purple shade called 'No more film.' This is the darkest polish in the set and I would say this is a great transitional colour. If you're not quite ready to let go of your deep, dark colours, you can edge yourself into the lighter shades with this one! As this one is a cream, you could add a clear sparkle over the top to make it feel more appropriate for the warmer weather.


I think these Essie collections are brilliant for trying out lots of different colours without committing yourself to a large bottle. I purchased this set from Liberty's in London for just £9.95 which is the same price as ONE large bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment