Monday 12 March 2012

Revlon lip butters are here!








(Candy apple on lips)

The Revlon lip butters have landed! After much hype and months of coveting these, I finally have my hands on a couple of shades. There was some confusion as to when these were being released via Boots.com (I think they are now officially available today) but I managed to secure my order late Thursday night.

If you haven't heard about the Revlon lip butters, they are basically a mix between a lipstick and lip balm. The UK has 14 different shades available ranging from the lightest pink to a rosy red. Some of the shades, from what I have seen, are very sheer, whilst others have a more build-able, intense colour. The light colours seem very sheer and look perfect for days when you just want a quick, subtle hint of colour on the lips.

The first two I have (I will be purchasing more once they come into stores) are 'Candy Apple' and Strawberry Shortcake). And yes, they do live up to their hype...they are amazing! They are extremely moisturising on the lips, like a lip balm, and, unlike some other lipsticks, are not at all drying. They feel really comfortable on the lips and have a good staying power!

'Candy Apple' is my first venture into red lip products. Harsh, strong colours do not really suit me. This shade, however, is perfect. As it is a mix of lipstick and lip balm, it's not bold and overpowering. It is quite sheer if you apply a thin layer but can be more intense if you build it up. I applied mine straight onto my lips from the stick, with no lip liner, and it stayed put!

The second colour I have is 'Strawberry Shortcake'. This is a gorgeous, soft pink shade. It is lovely and creamy and applies so smoothly to the lips. It is almost a milky pink which I find is more flattering on my skin-tone rather than a 'Barbie' type pink. This again can be applied quite sheer or built up for a slightly stronger colour.

These lip butters have no scent, which I personally find to be a plus. I love the packaging with the quilted texture on the side of the tube. Overall I am really impressed with the Revlon lip butters and am so glad with the two colours I chose. When they hit the stores I'm going back for 'Creme Brulee' and 'Berry Smoothie'.

Let me know if you pick any of these up and which colours you go for!

(Available from Boots.com priced at £7.99 each)

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOhhh i really wanna try these!!! love your review :)

    http://ssunnylicious.blogspot.co.uk/

    im following you, check out my blog too! :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for your comment! You should definitely give these a try, they are amazing! I think they go into Boots stores tomorrow. Just checked your blog, great review on the beauty blender, I really want one!
      Thank you also for following! x

      Delete