Sunday 11 March 2012

Korres Lip Butter






I seem to have developed a lip product obsession recently! My latest purchase is a cult classic...Korres lip butter. I've been wanting to try one of these for a long time but wasn't too sure where I could get my hands on them. I found them on feelunique.com but they weren't in stock. I did however browse through all the different 'flavours' they come in and settle on pomegranate. I managed to pick this one up in Liberty's in London. They also had wild rose but that seemed a very dark, cherry which I'm not sure would have suited me.

I read a few reviews on these lip butters on makeupalley.com and the feedback was definitely mixed. A lot of people loved the product but not the packaging (personally I don't mind the pot) and most people commented on the smell of the lip butter. I was worried about getting a scented lip product as I am not a fan of overpowering products where the smell lingers for ages after application. I don't find this to be the case with the lip butter at all. To be honest, I don't find it has any smell at all! There's a slight hint of a smell which I'd be hard pushed to describe, but you can only notice it if you put your nose really close to the pot! I can't speak for the other scents but, to me, pomegranate does not have a strong smell!

The feel of the lip butters on the lips is amazing! It goes on so smooth and leaves your lips feeling really moisturised without feeling sticky. Pomegranate gives a lovely, peachy sheen to the lips and even after the 'gloss' has worn off, the lips are left with a very pale stain.

I would definitely recommend giving these a go! I think I'm going to try the 'Jasmine' variety next!

(Korres lip butter £6 Liberty's)

No comments:

Post a Comment