Thursday 19 January 2012

Blushing beauty




My new favourite blush of the moment is actually a beauty powder from MAC. The colour is 'briar rose' and it is from the Disney villains collection. I don't think this is widely available now but I found mine at the Cosmetic Company Outlet at Bicester village.

Although this is not technically a blush, it works perfectly as one! Beauty powders are not generally known to give a great pay off and usually have to be built up. I have a lighter, peachier shade from the Hello Kitty collection which is very sheer and could almost be sued all over the face. Whilst briar rose does have good payoff it is not as bright and scary as it looks in the pan. It gives the cheeks a lovely, soft pink glow which lasts all day. I use my Bobbi Brown blusher brush to apply it gently to the apple of my cheeks. The product can be built up to give a more dramatic effect if you wanted but just a few swirls with my brush loads just the right amount of product for me.

What do you think of this shade? Have you ever tried a MAC beauty powder?

No comments:

Post a Comment