Thursday 14 June 2012

Lipstick love









You may have noticed that I have become slightly obsessed with lip products as of late. I used to be all about lip-gloss but I have discovered a new love for lipsticks. After seeing Fleur (from Fleur-de-Force) mention the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks, a couple of times, I thought I would give one a go.

After swatching a few colours I went for shade '16' which is a bright pink/coral. This colour is perfect for summer as it just adds a nice pop of colour without being too overpowering. I like to pair this with my bare study paint pot for eyes, and then a light, peach colour on my cheeks. I find the finish of this lipstick to be really moisturising and not at all drying. It also lasts several hours before needing a touch up and leaves a nice 'stain' behind on the lips.

The only slight negative, for me, is the smell of the lipstick. I have heard it being described as a 'cherry' type smell but to me it's very strong and slightly 'chemically' smelling. It's not too much of a problem as once it's on the lips it's not really detectable after a few minutes, but it is something to bear in mind.

Overall I would definitely recommend checking one of these lipsticks out. I got mine on offer at Boots for £3.99 and I would say it's worth the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment