Sunday 22 April 2012

Plink!

I was so excited to have accumulated enough MAC products to 'Back to MAC' them. It was my first time doing this so I wanted to choose a worthy lipstick! (For those of you who don't know, if you take back 6 empty MAC containers to a MAC stand-alone store, they will give you a free lipstick in return). At first I was thinking of getting 'creme cup' as it is so highly recommended as a great everyday colour. However, I'm still not completely sold as to whether it will suit me. I like pale, nude lip colours but as I have very pale skin, they can sometimes look very unflattering! So, after having a little swatching session with my mum, I came across 'Plink!' which is a lustre finish. I would describe the colour as a very pale, peach/coral shade with a slight pinkiness to it. The MAC website describe it as a 'warm seashell pink' which I would agree with. This has quickly become by go to lipstick for everyday wear. If applied lightly it leaves the lips looking lovely and moisturised with a hint of pink/peach colour. If you apply a couple of layers, the pink comes through even stronger. I love lustre finishes as they leave lips feeling moisturised with a slight sheen and are not at all drying. I haven''t really heard anything about 'Plink!' in the blogging world but it's definitely worth a look next time you're near a MAC counter!

No comments:

Post a Comment