Thursday 27 October 2011

Bargain beauty spree



Being on tight budget money wise, as much as I'd love to spend endless amounts on beauty products, I have to be sensible and try and get by just buying the 'essentials'. However, sometimes there's just a few bargains I can't pass up!

My first bargain of the day was the 'No7 stay perfect' nail varnish. I can sometimes be a little bit of a nail varnish snob and stick to my favourite brands such as Essie, O.P.I, Leighton Denny and Nails Inc. However, these brands also come with a slightly expensive price tag. I have tried a couple of No7 polishes before and have been impressed with the coverage and the wide brush. So after picking up a £5 off No7 voucher i thought I'd use it on a polish. They usually cost £7, so with the voucher it brings it down to £2, which is a bargain! I plumped for this dark blue, metallic shade called 'sing the blues'. It looks the perfect shade for the upcoming wintery months. I will publish a post soon on it soon as I just can't bear to take off my Essie 'mink muffs' colour at the moment!

My second bargain came in the form of the 'Dove hair therapy nourishing oil care, express treatment conditioner'. After seeing a review on another blog, I was intrigued to try it. Having always had dry hair due to having lots of highlights and just the general make-up of my hair, I'm always on the look out for products that will add moisture and shine. This product claims to be a conditioner and treatment all in one. It has a dual action formula which is supposed to condition the hair and also reduce frizz which definitely sounds like what my hair needs! I'm so excited to try this and will let you know the results ASAP. In Boots it is currently half price and is just £1.68!

Lastly, I was on a mission to find a cheap moisturiser that didn't leave my face greasy and oily. Having been an avid Liz Earle fan for the past 5 or 6 years I wish I could buy all my skincare products from her range but unfortunately I just cannot stretch to the prices at the moment. I still faithfully buy my cleanse & polish and instant boost skin tonic as these are just 2 products I cannot live without. I have previously used the 'Liz Earle Skin repair light' moisturiser but have just run out of! So, I have taken a chance on 'Nivea Visage daily essentials light moisturising day cream for normal/combination skin.' The words 'light moisturising' attracted me to it as I'm not a fan of heavy, greasy creams. Also, at just £4.35 it's a great price! The cream also contains an SPF 15 which is definitely something I look for. I will bring you another post on this in a week or so, so that I can give it a good trial run!

Let's hope I heart these products as much tomorrow as I do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment